Homes2win Terms & Conditions
Definitions and Rules:
1.CONTEST: The Competition operated by the Promoter to which these Terms and Conditions apply, wherein the Entrants submit entries via the website www.homes2win.co.uk or by post to win the prize.
2. PRIZE: The ownership of the house/flat/apartment(s) for which the competition you entered is related to, detailed on its own competition page. Including all associated fees to take possession but no further costs. OR a cash prize based on the number of paid valid entries. There will be only one prize awarded.
3. PROMOTERS: The Prize Competition is promoted and operated by Homes2win, part of Red Monster Group Ltd.
4. OWNER(S): The owner(s) of the properties who have appointed the Promoter as representative and Promoter and share in all discretionary decisions.
5. QUESTION: The Question which the Entrants must answer correctly (in substantial accordance with the answer held by the Promoters) to obtain the opportunity to win the Prize.
6. ENTRY: An answer submitted to the Question by the entrant to obtain an opportunity to win the Prize.
7. ENTRANT: Any person (not including a limited company, partnership or limited liability partnership) who enters the Competition through the Website or by post to win the prize.
8. WINNER: The Entrant chosen at random on or after the Closing Date who will receive the Prize in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
9. WEBSITE: www.homes2win.co.uk
10. OPENING DATE: Shown on competition specific terms.
11. CLOSING DATE: Shown on competition specific terms – The date the competition will cease to take entries – 12 noon GMT or sooner if determined by the promoters to have reached an acceptable number of valid paid entries. Free postal entries will be given 3 days grace period to arrive after the close of the draw.
12. CLOSING DATE EXTENSION: Up to a further 6 months after the initial closing date if the minimum number of paid and valid entries has not been reached.
13. MINIMUM NUMBER OF PAID AND VALID ENTRIES: Displayed on the competition specific terms.
14. By entering the competition via the Website or post, Entrants are deemed to have read and accepted these Terms and Conditions and agree to be bound by them.
15. Upon entering the Competition, all Entrants must submit all contact details requested by the Promoters (which must include a valid e-mail address) which will be used for the following purposes:
- to notify the Winner that they have won the prize;
- to post the Winner’s name and town of residence on the Website;
- to notify entrants about developments in the competition and subsequent competitions.
16. All entrants are solely responsible for providing the Promoters with true, accurate and up-to-date contact details.
17. The Promoters will be in no way liable for any failure or inability to make contact with any entrant due to any errors, omissions or inaccuracies in the contact details provided by the Entrants or otherwise.
19. The Competition is operated and run by the Promoters.
20. The Competition is open for entry to everyone aged 18 or over excluding the Promoters and Owners, their family, agents, employees, professional advisers or anyone else connected with the development or operation of the Website or conducting administration of the Competition in any way, shape or form.
21. Entries made by the Entrants to the Competition will only be valid if made via the Website or as instructed by first class post on the provided form and posted to;
Suite 2, Francis Place
The Green, Pirbright
22. By entering into the competition, all Entrants acknowledge that their payment and entry into the competition does not guarantee in any way that they will win the prize.
23. The Promoters do not in any way guarantee the value of the property portion of the Prize or the saleability of the prize. Any values stated are approximations provided by reliable sources however, by their nature, cannot be guaranteed.
24. Only completed Entries who submit the correct answer to the relevant question on the web site will be entered into the final prize draw. All entries, regardless of the answer will be charged. Valid free entries will be added on top of the total Paid Valid Entries and are limited to one per person per form.
25. As a condition of entering the Competition, Entrants must ensure that, by doing so, they do not contravene any laws of their country of residence. The Promoter will not be liable in any way if an Entrant enters the Competition unlawfully or is unable to claim the prize for any reason.
26. The Entrants and the Promoters recognise that the Competition, its administration and all associated activities are governed by English Law and the Promoters, owners and Entrants recognise that the County or High Courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction in the event of any dispute arising out of the Competition or its administration.
27. The Promoters reserve the right to disqualify any entrant (entirely at their own discretion) if there are reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has acted in breach of ANY of these Terms and Conditions.
28. The Promoter is not responsible or liable in any way for ANY valuation and makes no representation or warranty in respect of its accuracy.
29. All Entries will become the property of the Promoters on receipt and will not be returned.
30. The Promoters reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time.
31. English is the only language in which an Entrant may submit their entry.
32. The purpose of the Contest is to find a winner for the prize.
33. The prize will be transferred by the Promoter or his agent to the Winner of the Contest.
34. The Promoter shall be solely responsible for arranging and paying for the reasonable and proper legal conveyancing costs for itself and the winner to complete the transfer of the property to the winner and shall be solely liable and responsible for and shall pay to HM Revenue & Customs any stamp duty land tax arising on the transfer. Legal costs will extend no further than to cover the above. The winner will provide all information reasonably requested by the promoter. If the winner refuses to or fails to sign any such documentation, the winner automatically forfeits his/her right to receive the prize and the promoter will choose an alternate winner.
35. Should the event of an entitlement to a stamp duty land tax rebate arise in relation to the payment of this for any reason (for example; the sale of property by the winner within three years), the winner agrees to notify the promoters of the circumstances surrounding the rebate and will provide all reasonable assistance in claiming the rebate. They also agree that the promoter will be solely entitled to such a rebate in its entirety. If any rebate is paid by HM Revenue & Customs to the winner, the winner agrees to transfer the whole sum of this rebate, with proof, to the promoter in good time.
36. Should the winner of the prize be a non-UK resident, any additional fees or completion processes’ required will be covered by the entrant. Only UK required costs will be included in the prize.
37. No further maintenance charges will be covered after transfer completion.
38. The promoter is under no obligation to pay any costs other than those expressly mentioned in ‘The Prize’ section of these terms.
39. The Winner shall ensure that the Prize is registered at HM Land Registry in the Winner’s name.
40. The Winner agrees to co-operate reasonably with the promoter regarding any dispute arising from anything relating to this process and with any party.
41. Entry payments will only be accepted in pounds sterling.
42. The process to determine the winner will begin the day after the closing date and a final decision will be made and published within fourteen days of that date.
43. The price of entering the competition is displayed on the competition page, is shown in individual entries prices and is payable using the “Enter Now” button on the competition page.
44. In answering the Question, the Entrant recognises that they must exercise skill and judgement to give the correct answer.
45. To conclude an entry into the Competition, an Entrant will be asked to provide their contact details (including postal and e-mail addresses and a telephone number) and pay the full entry price.
46. When the Maximum Number of Paid Valid Entries or the Closing Date is reached, the Competition will close; however the Promoters reserve the right to extend or abridge the closing date by up to 6 months at their discretion if the minimum number of Paid Valid Entries has not been reached.
47. All Entries to the Competition are final and no refunds shall be made at any time or for any reason, except in the case of entries submitted after the Closing Date.
48. The winner of the Prize will be the entrant whose details are randomly drawn using a verifiably random method by an independent person.
49. The Promoters’ and owners(s) decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into about the result of the Competition following the draw of the Winner as described above.
50. The Winner will be required to forward a copy of their passport or driving licence to the Promoters to prove their identity and that their Entry was made using a valid debit/bank account belonging to the Entrant or used with the express authorisation of the account owner. This can also be provided in person.
51. Each Entrant agrees that the usual requirement under the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 for any goods and services ordered online to be supplied within 30 days will not apply to this Prize Competition.
52. If the Winner cannot be contacted by the Promoter within 21 days of being notified by e-mail, telephone and post to the contact details submitted in their entry, or fails to comply with any of these rules, the Promoter shall be entitled to award the Prize to the Entrant selected by drawing an alternate winner at random in the same method as described above.
53. The Alternate Winner will have 7 days from notification of their status by the Promoters to communicate their acceptance of the Prize.
54. The Winner will be required to sign a transfer deed to transfer the Property into the Winner’s name within 28 days of Transfer of the Property.
Closing the contest:
55. If the Maximum Number of Paid and Valid Entries to the competition is reached before the closing date, the competition will be closed and a winner will be determined in accordance with these terms.
56. If the Number of Paid and Valid Entries to the Competition is not equal to (or not greater than) the Minimum number of Paid and Valid entries received as of the closing date OR the closing date extension, the Competition will close and the proceeds will either be deemed sufficient to award the whole prize at the discretion of the Promoters and owner(s), or the remaining funds will be allocated as a prize fund to allow a prize of either cash or, in the event of more than one house being the prize, property of less value to a winner after the deduction of 20% of entry fees to cover costs.
57. In the event that less than the Minimum Number of Valid Paid Entries are sold, determining the property and cash prize value will be carried out approximately in line with the prize fund value and the proportional values applied as if the minimum number of paid and valid sales had been achieved. The prize apportionment will be determined at the promoter and owners discretion and no further correspondence will be entered into.
58. The Promoters and owner(s) will be entitled to retain up to 20% of the Entry Fees to cover banking fees, security costs, administration, marketing expenditure, legal costs, other expenses and charitable donations.
59. All Entry Fees will be maintained in a bank account by the Promoters until the Winner of the Competition has been determined save for money used for promotion, marketing, security and any other expenses of the competition in accordance with clause 56.
62. The Promoters reserve the right to end the Competition at any time either before or after entries have been sold. If the Competition is ended, the Promoters will, provided the combined value is deemed high enough, use the monies raised as a cash prize alternative. Should the total be deemed too small all payments will be refunded.
63. Where the Entry Fee is returned, the Promoter shall have no further liability to the Entrant or to any other person for any reason.
64. The Promoters make no representation or warranty as to the Valuation of the Prize, structural or cosmetic condition or ability to be sold. Entrants should make and rely on their own enquiries and legal advice about the Prize before entering the Competition.
65. The promoters will not be liable for any loss (including economic loss) suffered to or sustained by any person or property as a result of any act or omission of the Promoters, nor will their servants or their agents in developing, planning and Administrating the Competition, distributing the Prize to the Winner or following the distribution of the Prize.
66. The Promoters accept no liability for errors or omissions contained within the Prize details, description or specification or any other part of the Website. It is the responsibility of each Entrant (and in particular the Winner) to satisfy him/herself as to the accuracy of any such details and/or any content of this website.
67. The Promoters will not be liable for any loss suffered by an Entrant as a result of incomplete entries or failed computer communications or for any loss suffered as a result of use of the Website.
68. These terms are not in any way limiting or excluding any person’s liability for fraud, death or personal injury caused by any lack of reasonable care when carrying out any activity that requires it, or any other liability that cannot be lawfully excluded or limited.
69. The Promoters do not accept responsibility for entries which they do not receive due to failures in computer systems, other malfunctions, high Internet traffic, hardware failure, software failure, server faults or any other reason. This includes postal entries that do not arrive or arrive incomplete for any reason.
70. These competition rules shall not create a contract, joint venture or other agreement between any Entrant and the Promoters.
71. An entry shall be declared void (without any refund or notice being given) if the entrant engages in: (a) any form of fraud (actual or apparent); (b) fraudulent misrepresentation; (c) fraudulent concealment; (d) hacking or interference with the proper functioning of the website; or (e) amending, or unauthorised use of, any of the code that constitutes the Website.
72. Only one free entry will be entered into the contest per envelope received, entries without correct and sufficient postage paid or wrongly addressed will not be accepted. Entries received after the contest close date (plus allowance detailed in clause 11) will not be included.
73. All entries will be treated equally.
74. Each entrant should retain a copy of these Terms and Conditions for their future reference.
75. All sales are final and non-refundable save for those deemed by the promoter to be exceptional circumstances. This does not include inability to afford or changes of mind/circumstance. No interest will be payable in any case of refund.
76. In every case, the entrant must have the bill payer’s permission.
77. All entries and contacts, including messages during and after the competition, are to be made in English only.
78. The Promoters have final say in respect to these terms and conditions.